Buses stamps, mint, framed for 150th Anniversary, First Double Decker, 2001
Buses framed stamps, 150th Anniversary of the First Double Decker, 2001. The 5 stamps show:
1. Leyland X2 Open Top, London General B Type. Leyland Titan Titan TD1, AEC Regent
2. Daimler COG5,Guy Arab II, AEG Regent III
3. Bristol K Open Top, AEC Routemaster, Bristol Lodekka PSF
4. Leyland Titan PD3/4, Leyland Atlantean PDR1
5. Daimler Fleetline, MCW Metrobus, Leyland Olympian, Dennis Trident
The year of the buses shown ranges from 1908 to 1997. The earliest buses were horse-drawn buses and used from the 1820s. Steam buses started in in the 1830s, followed by trolleybuses in 1882 and the first motor buses were introduced 1895. The well-known routemaster bus, now a London icon, ran from the mid 1950s and it is shown on the third stamp.